Many people worry about crimes during the night, but the truth is, it is as dangerous during the day. Burglars and thieves attack a property when everybody is at the office or school. That’s why precautions should be taken night and day and when you leave the house for a few days. Aside from investing in security alarms, installing sturdy garage doors Melbourne has to offer can also protect your property from any suspicious activities.
Here are other ways to keep your assets safe and secure:
From the outside
- Build a fence around your house. Whether you choose wood or steel, a fence is a good deterrent from burglars as it keeps them from easily accessing your house.
- Trim your shrubs. Tall plants and shrubs can easily obscure suspicious beings, giving them the advantage of breaking in your house without anybody noticing. The best way is to trim them from time to time and keep it short.
- Put curtains in your garage. If you have decided to buy garage doors Melbourne has from outstanding garage door manufacturers, then that’s a wise move. Garage doors keep your cars invisible to criminals. You can actually add a layer of protection to your precious cars with curtains in your garage windows. Never let burglars see your assets, as it will only tempt them more.
From the inside
- Install security alarms. Nothing beats having a security alarm in your house to deter thieves. You can buy alarms that will notify the police immediately once it sets off. Install it in your kitchen windows, automatic garage doors Melbourne offers, or any other opening in your house.
- Keep second-floor curtains open when you are away. To make it seem like somebody’s home, keep the upstairs curtains open. Criminals will think twice in burgling your home when they think the owners are inside.
- Dusk-to-dawn lighting is key. If you want to keep your house well-lit while you are away, use a sensor light bulb and place it near an opening, such as garage doors Melbourne offers. The thing about sensor bulbs is that they automatically turn on during the night and turn off during the day.
- Lower down your telephone volume. In case the burglar knows your number, they will call your house first just to know if you are there to answer your phone or not. If the phone keeps on ringing, then they’ll assume that you’ve already left. What you can do is lower down the ring volume to keep burglars from knowing you aren’t home to answer.
- Double-lock your garage door. Even though the garage doors Melbourne has to offer are sturdy, criminals will always find a way to pry it open. The solution? Put a double-lock in to ensure they can’t open it so easily.
With all these tips in mind, you can be sure that your property is safe and secure from criminals. Just make sure you contact the right people to install lighting and security alarms properly or they won’t work. If you decide to replace your garage door, then contact a reliable company in your area. Try checking out Eco Garage Doors today.